South East Community Links’ commitment to clients
South East Community Links is committed to social justice and equitable access for all. SECL adheres to client rights and responsibilities and encourages clients to make their own informed choices which are respected at all times. Clients are encouraged and supported to take action on their own behalf so they can develop skills that can be used in the future.
South East Community Links’ responsibilities
At all times, South East Community Links will:
- Ensure that clients are treated with sensitivity, courtesy and consideration.
- Provide prompt and helpful responses to all enquiries and/or complaints.
- Provide facilities and assistance for people with disabilities.
- Not disclose information about clients without consent, except as required/permitted by law.
Clients should expect the following from South East Community Links:
- Free and confidential service. Clients are under no obligation to provide their name or personal particulars.
- No age, gender, ethnic or religious barriers to service.
- Service provided in a culturally sensitive manner, with personal interviews conducted in the language of client’s choice.
- Respect for clients’ right to self-determination.
South East Community Links believes that service users have the following responsibilities:
- To keep appointments, or at least give 24 hours notice of cancellation.
- Treat staff and other clients with respect and courtesy.
- Discuss with a staff member or manager any concerns that they may have about the service they have received.
How to make a complaint
If clients have a complaint or comment about our service we want to know about it. This gives us the opportunity to improve our services.
Comments or complaints can be lodged in person at our offices or in writing.
Click the links below to view the documents: